9 Strict Rules Every “Road Runner” cartoon had to follow

Geeks + Gamers Forums Entertainment Television 9 Strict Rules Every “Road Runner” cartoon had to follow

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Strict Rules of Eoad Runner

Well, rule 4 was broke.

While he is generally silent in the Coyote-Road Runner shorts, he speaks with a refined accent in these solo outings (except for Hare-Breadth Hurry), beginning with 1952’s Operation: Rabbit, introducing himself as “Wile E. Coyote—Genius”, voiced with an upper-class accent by Mel Blanc.

Speech. Coyote usually does not make a sound, unlike Road Runner, who gives off the occasional “meep, meep.” Instead, Coyote communicates with signs that display his emotion, such as “ouch” or “uh-oh.” He has been known to talk, however, when he is around Bugs Bunny (In that case, Coyote was voiced by Mel Blanc).

But I recall a short where Wile E Coyote was going thru a cook book and the various ways to prepare fresh road runner into a meal, and commenting how delicious they were.

I knew a guy who is like an encyclopedia on retro cartoons and you remind me of him, except he is a real bleeding heart liberal so I know you can’t be the same guy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates!

NAVIGATION